About The Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre
The Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre is a multi-faceted Centre comprising a Marine Education and Research Centre, together with a Marine Discovery Centre, on the Far South Coast of NSW. The centre is located in Eden but our programs and activities extend beyond the Bega Valley Shire, across the Victorian border, up into the Eurobodalla and Snowy Mountains and even into the ACT. Our Mission is to promote the understanding of oceans and coasts by offering learning and knowledge experiences.
- Aquaria with exciting local species
- Touch tank – get up close and personal with a sea star and crab.
- Theatrette showcasing locally produced marine videos
- Games and activities for all ages
- Microscopes, hands-on displays and information on the biology and geology of the Sapphire Coast
- Guided tours with a qualified marine guide
- Exciting and engaging school and group education programs and talks
- Stunning surrounds, including Eden’s fishing fleet, beautiful beaches and cafes
If you want to get involved with the wonderful work of the Marine Discovery Centre, then why not sign up as volunteer or an associate member. Join the discovery of the Sapphire Coast and contact the centre today.